ELECTRICAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
TSE is currently looking for the next star to join the team as an ELECTRICAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN . This is a permanent, full time position with an attractive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
This position is responsible for assembling, diagnosing, trouble shooting, repairing and servicing equipment, with a major focus on controls systems, at customers’ sites. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Component selection for repair, electrical systems, troubleshooting programming, PLC products and variable frequency drives
- Interface controls to hydraulic systems, both closed loop and open loop, including electro-hydraulic controls; PLC controls include control panels, panel view interfaces, PLC programming
- Analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintain equipment
- Operate and inspect machines/equipment to diagnose problems
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists and power tools
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear; test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports related to mechanical, hydraulic and / or electrical systems
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with personnel to resolve equipment malfunctions, production issues or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure equipment is installed and functioning according to specifications
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- When not in the field, work in the plant performing advanced electrical work on the equipment, panel wiring and troubleshooting
- Travel min 50% of the time, to commission and repair equipment and train customers
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Electromechanical Engineering Technician diploma or equivalent training/experience
- 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repairing controls systems
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able and willing to travel for extended periods of time
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Qualified applicants may submit resume, stating “TSE EST” in the subject line
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.