Equipment Parts & Material Handler
This position receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, prepares manufactured equipment for shipping, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. Responsible to monitoring stock levels and perform inventory count duties. The job description is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job; education and experience outlines are ideal qualifications/assets but do not necessarily reflect the requirements of the position.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Safely operates overhead cranes, motor vehicles and powered industrial trucks to move equipment, parts, and material
- Receives and verifies received material. Records quantity of material or items received via appropriate computer program. Notifies appropriate personnel of any discrepancies. Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to company procedures and move materials and items to designated areas.
- Files requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items as needed. Assists other departmental employees with accessing needed equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Assembles work orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area to prepare for shipping.
- Matches purchase orders to sales orders and distribute to sales department for processing.
- Ensures warehouse is accessible and safe; Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times. Keeps work area clean from debris.
- Utilizes appropriate hand or power tools to safely open bales, crates and other containers.
- Assists in counting of physical inventory. Ensures inventory is properly maintained at all times by following and completing material transfer forms or red tagging.
- Prepares parcels for mailing and utilize shipping software.
- Wears the proper personal protective equipment.
- Assists team members as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer service—the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Being flexible to work on weekends and at nights.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Heavy Work: Lift up to 100 pounds maximum. Frequently lift/carry 50 pounds. Unrestricted walking and standing.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume
No Recruiters Please