This position performs all types of industrial welding and fitting work, as well as prepares various surfaces for welding by grinding, washing, or other means as necessary. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications and interpret engineering drawings
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using measuring tape, straightedge, combination square, calipers, ruler, etc.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, horizontal or overhead positions
- Observe and take part in testing to evaluate weld quality as well as conform to dimensional tolerances
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Certified Fitter-Welder or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of riggings, hoist, ladders, lifts and other various equipment used in welding
- Knowledge of the safety regulations of scaffolding, ladders, and lifts
- A minimum 3 years of experience as a fitter in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work overtime
No recruiters please.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your application.